Thursday 13 July 2017

When is the RIGHT TIME for a man to visit his gf's family

Someone wrote me and told me that she's been dating this particular guy for more than 4years and he doesn't even know where she stays, she told me that he's never been to her place and anytime she brought it up,  he's always procrastinating. She further went on to tell me that her family knows him cos she's told them everything about him, they're just waiting for him to show up lol. She  also said she's told the guy that her family members are just waiting to see this guy that she's been talking about...(lol, I feel like this may be the actual reason why he's yet to go visit her family, maybe he just doesn't want to man up and do the right thing yet). After she told me all these, I'm like, "gurrrrrrl, what in the world are you still doing with this guy? Isn't it obvious that he clearly doesn't want to settle down soon or with you. I just don't get how y'all been dating for that long with the intention of settling down and he's yet to meet your family" I further went on to tell her that she better not put all her hopes in this guy...there's no time to be casting all your eggs in one basket. A guy would just pin you down in the  name of marriage and still won't do the needful...and this is one of the main reasons why we have increasing numbers of young baby-mothers neglected by their supposed to be husbands.
So, when do you think is the right time for a guy to visit the girl's family? Coming from an African background, I think this is really a big deal. Why do I say so? This is cos in the westernized countries, it's normal for two people dating to meet each others families, they don't see it as a big deal but this is so different in Africa, Nigeria for example... when the guy decides to visit the girl's family or to take the girl to his family home to see his people, it's actually another way of letting the girl's family know that he's interested in spending the rest of his life with her (or letting his family know that he's seen the right woman for him in case of the guy taking the girl to his family) hence, it's a huge step.

However, when do we think it's the right time? To me, there's no right time, after all people get married in less than 5months after meeting each other and are still 'living happily ever after'...lol.  I  however do think that if you as a girl has dated a guy for up-to 1yr, then your guy should want to meet your family except you don't want him to(maybe cos you think it's a little too fast or you just don't have the intentions of settling down with him/you dont think it's going to work out or you feel he's got a lot of issues he needs to work on or maybe you think he may not be accepted by your parents just yet...otherwise, I don't see any other reasons)
Hold up!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that any guy you're dating who finally ends up meeting your family(parents in particular) would eventually be your husband. NO!! All I'm saying is that a guy who's responsible and with true intentions should at least make an effort to get to know your family especially after y'all have been together for at least 1yr. He should at least ask you when you would want  him to see your parents...you know, make efforts! Let it be that you being the girl is the reason he's yet to meet your family cos of the above reasons mentioned previously. I can't imagine dating someone for more than 4yrs and he hasn't met anyone in my family...it just seems so abnormal to me.  I remember when I was younger and all these guys who wouldn't stop pestering me, I always chased them away by telling them to come and meet my parents or my pastor lmao. I would even tell them how glad my dad is to meet them(this was because  they always came talking about marriage with *the thought* that every girl wanted to marry or would take them serious since they mentioned marriage). Guess what, they would get scared and gradually withdraw(why?? because their intentions weren't pure and don't want to get hooked, they obviously just wanted something else)...I was about 15/16yrs at that time and these guys would think I'm just any other naive 16yr old girl but this trick usually worked lol.

Conclusion;

  • I would like to end this by letting you beautiful ladies out there, know that a guy getting to meet your family(parents in particular) is not a 100% guarantee that he's serious with you. He may even be meeting 3 other girls' parents as well. I think they've come to realize that most girls would take them more serious and put their lives on hold if they've finally met their parents(never knew guys could be so smart lol). I mean, come to think of it, most guys have this mentality. This is why you have to involve God into your relationship. Pray, ask God for wisdom and spirit of discernment. You just can't be 100% sure of the right one on your own, but when you make God your master planner...guuurrrllll....he'll grant you your desires and give you the best. 
  • This goes both ways though but in this topic...I'm more concerned with the guys...

Hope you enjoyed your scroll through this post...until next time, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking your time to leave a comment on my blog....It was nice of you and I hope you come back for more juicy posts. Cheers!!
XOXO :)