Wednesday 6 January 2016

Simplified meaning of TRUST

I'm here pretending to listen to what she's saying...rephrase, I was actually paying attention to all she was saying till she struck a nerve and here I'm, lost in my thoughts...
You know, most times we go through the ups&downs for some reasons I've come to realize. Going down the memory lane, when it's time for me to go to bed, most times I jump into the bed, some other times, I just slide onto the bed. Whichever way I chose, I still got on the bed and that's the whole point.
Okay, let's try something different, let's leave the comfort of our homes and everything in it. Let's say we went to our friends' place or a function, when we've reached the venue and exchanged pleasantries, we don't have to keep standing if there are chairs for people to sit down on...now, do we? But that's still not my point, when we get to the chairs we hope to sit on, knowing that they're all clean, don't we just majestically sit down?? So far, hope you've been honest with your answers. Yes, sitting down on some random chair is the point.
Let's try something even more different from the above. We all have phones, yes? If you don't, well, you have something you use in reading this post. What do we do with our phones? Emmmh, I know we all thought of calls and messages but that's not the point, calls&messages are so redundant so I'll try another. Let's say we all have this friend that always calls or text to tell us what's popping, and that day, s/he was like, "you need to go on facebook/instagram/twitter blablabla, A and B are in a relationship or A&B just got married or A&B got into a fight" and the list goes on....if A&B are people we know, won't we get our phones/devices and log on to any of the social app to see for ourselves??? Hope we're being honest and truthful about the answers.
Okay, a quick question, how many of us sleep hoping to not wake up? Oh yes, we all sleep hoping to wake up stronger and refreshed, yeah? What about when we drive on the road(or walk)....do we get scared that the road would become weak and open, then swallow us just like we see in movies and news when earthquakes happen?  Do we get scared that we may not make it to our destinations because our legs will get weary? Perhaps, we get scared that our cars are not fully fueled....now that's the point, 'not fully fueled'. But we're cool as long as we fueled our tanks to the brim, yeah?

Then I smiled....not knowing what she's been talking about, I told her..."babe you just inspired me" she was like, "What's wrong with this girl again!"  We were talking about how things were so difficult and how we are almost losing it cos things ain't just going the way we want it to. So many trials, failures, pains, hurt, resentments, blablabla. And suddenly, I went blank....
I was thinking to myself, if I can trust my legs to take me to wherever I wanted to go, and the roads built by men to be strong enough to carry me...lol, you have no idea how much I weigh. Anyways, if I could trust my mouth to make sounds or talk whenever I wanted to....why is it so difficult to trust God then???

Yeah, I can answer that now;
It's easier to trust God when all is going well than to trust Him when everything seems to be in shambles. It's easier being happy when we have everything we could ever wish for but get saddened when the situation changes just by 5%.
You see, if we can trust the roads we walk/drive on, the beds we lie on, the chairs we sit on even though they don't belong to us, our phones/devices to give us the latest gists in town, our washing machines to wash our clothes and not to spoil them, the blenders to blend whatever we want, the doctor to perform a successful surgery, the pastor to preach a nice sermon, the choiristers&instrumentalists to always deliver, the tap to allow water flow out of it, the mirror to  show us our perfect reflections, the exercises to help us keep fit or lose weight...why then is it so difficult to trust the maker of all those things, the giver of lives and talents, the creator that was never created,do we even know what that means?

If everything goes the way we all want it to go, then where's the glory in that? I mean, it's easier forgetting that if not for God, it wouldn't go smoothly. Once in a while, we experience these things so that at the end, all glory would be returned to the one who made it possible.
If there are no obstacles, how then would we tell a story and make it a testimony???...even in movies, things don't go as planned just to give it a sweet ending.  If we're so keen to complain about things when they don't go the way we want it, we should also try complaining about things always going the way we want it....no? Why not? Because that's the way it's meant to be? Of course not, my dear.
If we're apt to ask, "God why the headache//why is there no food today//where's the promotion for this year// why won't my boss increase my salary this month//why did I fail this subject that I've studied so hard for//why does he have a new car and I don't//why am I having pimples again, I thought we already settled that????????
Dearies, don't you think we should also complain when things are going *too well, let's try this,
"God why do you love me so much//why again am I alive today//kai, God another food//God these blessings are too much, I don't want!//God, I'm tired of all these goodies, please give them to someone else//God, why does my hubby always shower me with gifts?//God my children are too beautiful and healthy, God why?//God why have you chosen to embarrass me with your love?//God why is it that I'm yet to experience any road accident, the people that have experienced it, do they have two heads?//oh no....another job offer/promotion, God it's too much!!! That plane that crashed, why wasn't I in it, I'm tired of your endless love and protection!!!!"
Also try this style,
God, I'm alive, no pain, there's food, shelter, clothing, water....please, it's too much, I don't want again!!!// God, so you want all these kidnappers to notice me and my family, please make me poor!//God do you know I saw a blind person and I was wondering how it feels, please take my eye-sight for a year, I want to experience blindness....I could go on and on.


 We should learn to trust God with our problems....we should also be thankful for the things we fail to acknowledge and realize that we have. Can God trust you with trouble? Are you the one to waver at the slightest inch of discomfort?
(Please read Isaiah 43:1-3, Philippians 4:6)


Hope y'all are having a wonderful new year so far.....even if things may seem a bit unsettled, trust God. Don't waver, don't worry, don't compromise, don't disbelieve.....just trust GOD.

Thanks for reading....hope to see you soon, lots of love!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
HAPPY 2016....this year, you will recover all that which the canker worms have eaten in Jesus' name, Amen!!!!
God bless you❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking your time to leave a comment on my blog....It was nice of you and I hope you come back for more juicy posts. Cheers!!
XOXO :)